A Working Mom's Meal Plan

The hardest part of my day is when we get home and everyone is immediately hungry. I love to cook and prefer
home-cooked meals, but I don't like to cook much during the work week. And yet, dinner has to get on the table...
My solution: make-ahead meals, freeze-ahead meals and recipes so easy that I'll make them on a Monday. I cook
mostly on the weekends, always doubling recipes, and rely heavily on my extra freezer and a decently-stocked pantry.
This cooking style saves me time and money, and it makes my life simpler—so I can actually enjoy sitting down
to supper at 6 with my family. I hope these recipes will make the witching hour a little better at your house too.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Breakfast Biscuits

Make a batch on the weekend, then reheat on weekday mornings. These could even go with you in the car, if it's looking to be one of those days. You could also stick a few in a thermos for a quick school lunch. (from allrecipes.com)

refrigerated biscuit dough
3 eggs
3 tablespoons milk
cooked sausage, veggie sausage, bacon, diced ham or sauteed veggies
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place each biscuit into a muffin tin and then press the dough into the tin with your fingers, creating a small cup. Whisk together eggs and milk, then stir in the mix-ins. Spoon a bit of the mixture into each cup, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 18 minutes.

*Another quick biscuit recipe: Place a pat of butter, a few banana slices and a little brown sugar into each muffin tin. Top with a biscuit, pressing down dough slightly, then bake as directed. Flip the pan over to serve them (kind of like upside-down cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment