A Working Mom's Meal Plan

The hardest part of my day is when we get home and everyone is immediately hungry. I love to cook and prefer
home-cooked meals, but I don't like to cook much during the work week. And yet, dinner has to get on the table...
My solution: make-ahead meals, freeze-ahead meals and recipes so easy that I'll make them on a Monday. I cook
mostly on the weekends, always doubling recipes, and rely heavily on my extra freezer and a decently-stocked pantry.
This cooking style saves me time and money, and it makes my life simpler—so I can actually enjoy sitting down
to supper at 6 with my family. I hope these recipes will make the witching hour a little better at your house too.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Wonderful Spinach-Artichoke Dip

Just in time for the big game this weekend. This is a crowd-pleaser! Three types of cheese take it over the top. I've made this many times and it always gets rave reviews. (from my sister Liz)

2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
1/2 stick butter
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz sour cream
5 oz grated parmesan
1 can plain artichoke hearts, chopped
grated sharp cheddar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the spinach and drain well. Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onions until golden. Mix together spinach, onions, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan and artichokes. Spread in a baking dish and cover with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips and/or crackers.

*You can make this ahead; just stick in the fridge before baking and allow for more cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment