A Working Mom's Meal Plan

The hardest part of my day is when we get home and everyone is immediately hungry. I love to cook and prefer
home-cooked meals, but I don't like to cook much during the work week. And yet, dinner has to get on the table...
My solution: make-ahead meals, freeze-ahead meals and recipes so easy that I'll make them on a Monday. I cook
mostly on the weekends, always doubling recipes, and rely heavily on my extra freezer and a decently-stocked pantry.
This cooking style saves me time and money, and it makes my life simpler—so I can actually enjoy sitting down
to supper at 6 with my family. I hope these recipes will make the witching hour a little better at your house too.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hot Chocolate Mix

Perfect for your valentine sweeties, young and old. We just made a batch for my son's preschool teacher and friends, packaged in small mason jars with instructions on top. (from Babble)

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Ghirardelli)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper

Sift together all ingredients, then store in airtight container(s). Great for giving, but make sure to keep some for yourself!

*To serve, scoop 1/4 cup mix into the bottom of a mug. Add 1 cup of very hot milk and stir well. (I use the microwave to heat the milk for about 1 1/2 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment